Chicken skin has a bad reputation. Due to the high fat content, especially. Therefore, many times, remove the skin from the chicken before cooking or we leave it aside after we have cooked it and it ends up in the trash can.
And many of us do not know that by doing this, we make a big mistake. Because chicken skin is a culinary gem: when it is crispy, eating it is a great pleasure. How can we reduce the calories of such a delicious delicacy? Because with a cooking system that uses up its own fat without adding extra fat. That is, ripe.
The recipe we propose to you today is surprising: firstly because of its originality (have you ever thought of cooking only chicken skin?); and the second, because once baked, it’s crisp as a crust and has lost most of his fat.
Also, You can flavor the chicken skin as desired. With just salt, with salt and pepper, with a touch of spice, with a little curry, with aromatic herbs… the possibilities are endless!
In the video we are showing you, you will see what it is a recipe that is included in a keto or ketogenic dietdesigned to lose weight, which is based on not eating carbohydrates (bread, pasta, rice, sugar…) and choosing vegetables, meat and fish (that is, proteins) and foods rich in healthy fats.
- 250 grams of chicken skin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet or hot paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
Step by step
Prepare the chicken skins
Clean the chicken skins very well with cold water. Then we dry them one by one with absorbent paper. Cover the baking sheet with baking paper and spread the chicken skins on it.
season to your liking
Season the chicken skins as desired, in this case garlic powder, paprika, black pepper and salt are used.
Bake the skins
We put the plate in the oven and bake the chicken skins for 15 minutes at 200º, until they are well baked.
Drain and let cool
Remove the chicken skins from the plate and let them cool on kitchen paper. Most of the fat content will have been removed during baking. When they are cold, they will be super crispy and delicious.
Tips for making chicken skin crust
You see, if you want to add a healthy, homemade snack to your appetizer, you should try chicken skin crusts. But here are some tips to help you prepare them.
- Wash the chicken skins very well before cooking. This way you will avoid possible bacteria.
- Dry the chicken skins well with kitchen paper. In the end, when we bake them, what we do is dry them out, so it’s best not to add extra moisture.
- To have enough chicken skin, save it every time you make a chicken recipe. Wash, dry and freeze wrapped in cling film. And prepare the crusts when you have collected enough.