of enchiladas are, without a doubt, ours favorite dishes, we can talk about recipes endlessly, but without hesitation this is one of the best and the ones we love the most. And it is that, we are not only talking about one of the most popular dishes, we are also alluding to the fact that it is one of the fastest Mexican recipes to prepare and yes, one of the richest that we have.
As many know, it is a traditional dish of Mexican cuisine, Its origins date back to Mayan times, where corn was a staple crop at the time and corn tortillas were among the most common. Originally called tlaxcalli, it would be with the arrival of the Spanish that they began changing their name to tortillas. After a while, they would document that at a party it was the moment when they served a kind of enchilada.
Originally this held none SATURATION and bathed in one hot sauce. Over time, people would start filling them with different meats and cheeses, until they finally became what we know today. There are also many versions of enchiladas that have been created over the years and one of our favorite ones is entomata with cheese.
This delicious recipe is published by tiktoker @anaraquelhz and we are sure you will love it and love it as much as we already do.
Tomatoes with cheese
- 1 chicken breast (cooked and chopped first)
- Gratin cheese (to taste)
- Corn tortillas
for the sauce
- 1 kg of tomatoes
- 4 serrano peppers
- 2 tablespoons of chicken powder
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 whole onion
- 2 garlic
- sprigs of coriander
- We will wash the tomatoes and chili peppers to cook them with enough water.
- In a container, we will mix the grated cheese with the breast.
- We will pass the tortillas in oil to heat them in the comal. You can also use your pan. Reservation.
- After the time, remove the tomatoes and chili peppers from the heat and put them in a blender with the other ingredients of the sauce.
- Leave until a homogeneous consistency is obtained.
- Transfer the sauce to a saucepan over low heat and leave for a few minutes.
- Dip the tortilla in the sauce, fill with the chicken and cheese. Roll and take to the pan.
- Repeat the process until the pan is full.
- Cover the enchiladas with more sauce and top with cheese.
- She explains that she takes the pan to the coals for gratin, but in our case we can take it to the oven at 180ºC for 10 minutes or until the cheese is gratin.
- And ready, serve and enjoy.