We are more than ready to pronounce ¡Viva México! Next September 15. and how is it traditional food and drink They cannot be absent from these parties. We begin to put a mark on the list of things we need to receive guests, we confirm it dishes to be enjoyed at dinnerwhich must obviously be very typical of Mexican cuisine.
pozolichiles en nogada, toast, enchiladas, chilaquilestamales, snacks like pambazos or sopesand of course the mole could not be missing, these can be in different varieties such as green mole, yellow mole, the black mole that originates from the state of Oaxaca and the one that cannot be absent in these national holidays, the mole from Puebla. But even the territory of Chilango is not far behind and in the city we also have the mole San Pedro Atocpan.
If you do not yet have this delicious dish on the menu that you will offer at future celebrations, here you canand give a simple mole recipe so you can prepare it and incorporate it into tamales, the two dishes together are an explosion of flavors that we’re sure your guests will love. Consider everything you need.
- 350 g poblano mole in paste
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons. of baking powder
- 2 pieces of chicken breast
- 1 kg dough for tamales
- 1/4 vegetable shortening
- 1 head of garlic
- 1/2 onion
- Corn husks / banana leaves (as per preference)
method of preparation
- The first step is to cook the chicken breast. In a pot of water, put the chicken together with the garlic, onion and salt to taste. Let it cook for a few minutes on high heat. Once the chicken breasts are cooked, let them rest at room temperature.
- Remove the meat, it must be shredded to incorporate into the tamales.
- In a separate pot, add the mole paste and a little chicken stock and stir to prevent sticking. Add the minced chicken and season to taste. After the mole starts to boil for the first time, lower the heat and let it warm for a few more minutes.
- For the dough, beat the vegetable shortening, add a little salt and baking powder and add the chicken stock little by little. Boil it perfectly so that all the ingredients are mixed. The correct point of the dough is when it is completely soft.
- We spread a little dough on the washed and boiled corn husks, add mole to taste and some minced chicken, carefully fold the corn husks so that the filling does not come out, if necessary we also wrap leaves. Repeat the process until the dough is finished and place the tamales in a steamer. With this you have a perfect mole for tamales. Enjoy!