If you still haven’t decided what to cook and are looking for a tasty, easy and cheap dish, these recipe they are ideal for you. The main ingredient will be white rice, in its many versions and takes. Learn how to prepare it perfectly and what other foods it can be paired with.
Although it looks like a simple menu, the truth is that white rice will vary according to the tastes of each chef, be it the water used, the cooking method and mainly the type of product. However, it still is one of the most traditional dishes of international cuisine.
In this case, you will meet tricks to prepare the finest white rice and surprise all those who did not believe in his gastronomic skills. It can be used to accompany stews, salads, meat, among others.
In this recipe you will learn to cook it in two versions: with the most compact (stuck) or light rice. Both are valid and it will depend on which full menu you want to enjoy. Follow the steps and cook!
In this case, they will only require the following items in their kitchen: rice; 2 tablespoons of oil for each cup of rice; 1 cup white round grain rice; 2 and a half glasses of water; Salt.
White rice in compact form
- Add two tablespoons of oil for every cup of rice you use. This will prevent it from sticking.
- Heat the pot and add the oil. When it starts to heat up, add the rice and stir for a minute on medium to toast.
- Next, add 2 1/2 cups of water for every cup of rice. Leave on high heat for four minutes and add salt. Lower the heat back to medium and leave for another 12 minutes with the lid on the pot.
- When the water runs out, reduce the temperature to minimum and leave for another three minutes. When you are ready, just turn off the heat.
- Finally, let it rest for five minutes so it can finish absorbing the rest of the water and that’s it!
light white rice
- First you will need to wash the amount of rice you will be using to remove the starch. You can do it in a sieve or in a bowl. By removing this element, the rice does not thicken or stick during cooking.
- Put the pot on the fire and add water, rice, salt and oil, all together. When it starts to boil, leave the rice for about 4 minutes until the water evaporates.
- Once ready, lower the heat and cover the pot. Leave it like this for 14 minutes and check until it is at the desired point.
- At the end, turn off the heat and let it stand again with a lid or a cotton cloth for another two minutes.
What can be served with white rice?
The variety of dishes is endless, however, here you can read a list of memorable and easy to combine options:
Rice with fried asparagus, shrimp and spring garlic: It is one of the most famous combinations in the world and if perfected, it will be a great dish for all your guests. You only need to saute the vegetables in the rice and add the peeled prawns when the rice is almost ready to be removed from the heat.
Rice salad with tomatoes, onions and fish: It is a dish that can be enjoyed cold and with great nutritional value. Soak the onions in water, vinegar and salt to counteract the taste and when the rice is ready, mix it together with the spices and other ingredients such as tomatoes and fish.
Rice stew with lentils and pumpkin: a classic recipe where you have to boil the rice in enough liquid; fry the pumpkin and garlic while cooking and when there are three minutes left to finish the rice, add the vegetables and spices.
Rice omelette with onions, mushrooms and cheese: It’s great for using up leftovers from other meals. You can include any ingredient you want.
Eggplant rice: Sauté the onions, tomatoes and aubergines in a pan with olive oil. Wait until the vegetables are tender and place them on the cooked rice to serve.