Despite the fact that salads are an eternal dish and we can consume them all year round, with the arrival of the hottest months, the body asks us fresh and light processing as are the wonderful salads. The versatility they offer us is unlimited, we can do it according to our wishes and whims knowing that the result will be satisfactory.
In this case, the main ingredient is rice which we will use as a base. For this type of cold processing, it is important to use a variety of loose rice, so we can choose basmati rice, jasmine rice or, in this case, parboiled rice. To make this dish a complete and balanced menu, we will include a serving of protein, eggs and tuna or bonito of the north and we will fill it with his part of vegetable such as carrots, piquillo peppers and sweet corn. We coat the salad with a little oil and vinegar and we have it ready to enjoy at home, at work or to eat at the beach.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
- total time: 30 minutes
- portions: two
- category: main dish
- type of cuisine: Spanish
- Calories per serving (kcal): 512
Rice salad ingredients for 2 people
- 1 carrot
- 150 g of boiled rice
- 3 times the volume of rice in water
- 1 small spoon of salt
- 2 boiled eggs
- 70 g of sweet corn
- 8 black olives
- 80 g of piquillo pepper in strips
- 90 g albacore or tuna
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar
How to make rice salad
The first thing we need to do is to peel and cut 1 carrot into small cubes.
In a pot, add the carrot cubes, 150 grams of boiled rice and three times the volume of rice in water. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and cook the rice on high heat for the time indicated by the manufacturer, in this case 18 minutes from the time it starts to boil.@Latoneira
Once the rice and carrots are cooked, put them in a salad bowl to soften them.@Latoneira
Peel 2 boiled eggs, cut them into quarters and add them to the salad.
Add 70 grams of sweet corn, 8 black olives, 80 grams of piquillo pepper cut into strips and 90 grams of northern bonito.@Latoneira
Season the salad to taste, add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar. Mix and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. At the time of serving, decorate the rice salad with some fresh basil leaves.@Latoneira
Summary of Easy Preparation
- Peel and dice the carrot
- Put the grated carrot, boiled rice, water, 1 pinch of salt in a pot and cook on high heat for 18 minutes.
- Place the rice and cooked carrot in a salad bowl
- Peel the eggs, cut them into quarters and add them to the salad
- Add sweet corn, black olives, piquillo pepper, boiled eggs and bonito from the north.
- Arrange the salad, add extra virgin olive oil and vinegar, mix, refrigerate and serve garnished with basil.