With this chickpea salad, we have ideal recipe to take in tupperware or to leave the food prepared in advance and not be too complicated in the kitchen on the way back. These types of recipes summer salad They are perfect for our weekly menu, both because of the ease of their preparation and because of the type of ingredients, fresh and of plant origin, they contain. we can customize them to our liking, for those we have in the fridge and are always ideal. We can cook the chickpeas at home or we can use pre-cooked canned chickpeas, as it will make our work much easier and they are just as delicious.@pandebroa.by.monicaprego
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
- total time: 25 minutes
- portions: 4
- category: main dish
- type of cuisine: international
- Calories per serving (kcal): 760
Chickpea salad ingredients for 4 people
For the salad:
- 3 boiled eggs
- 400 g of boiled chickpeas
- 100 g pitted black olives
- 200 g of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 purple onion
- 200 g of feta cheese
- 200 g bolt or canned tuna
For the vinaigrette:
- 200 ml of olive oil
- 75 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch of salt
How to make chickpea salad
If we haven’t already boiled the eggs, we start by boiling 3 eggs so that they are hard when used in the salad. To do this, put them in a pot of water and cook them on medium to high heat for about 10 or 12 minutes, depending on their size. Meanwhile, drain the juice from 400 g of chickpeas and wash them with a colander under the tap, drain and reserve. After the eggs are boiled, let them cool, cut them into regular pieces and reserve them.
Cut 100 g pitted black olives in half and set aside. On the other hand, wash 200 g of cherry tomatoes, and also cut them in half.@pandebroa.by.monicaprego
Wash 1 cucumber and cut some thin slices to decorate the salad, cut the rest into cubes. On the other hand, peel 1 purple onion and cut it into cubes, leaving a few slices to decorate our salad.@pandebroa.by.monicaprego
Cut 200 g of feta cheese into cubes and set aside. On the other hand, drain 200 g of bonito or canned tuna and crush it a little.
And after we have the ingredients ready, we put them in a bowl; first add drained chickpeas, black olives, halved cherry tomatoes, diced onion and cucumber.@pandebroa.by.monicaprego
At the end, add the bolt, cheese and egg, stir and store the salad in the refrigerator while preparing the vinaigrette.@pandebroa.by.monicaprego
To prepare the vinaigrette, add 200 ml of olive oil, 75 ml of apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon of mustard and 1 pinch of salt to a container. Stir vigorously to emulsify the mixture and set aside.@pandebroa.by.monicaprego
Remove the salad from the refrigerator and add half of the vinaigrette, stir well and store it in the refrigerator again until ready to eat, so that it mixes a little and absorbs the taste of the dressing.@pandebroa.by.monicaprego
At the time of serving the salad, put the amount we will consume in a bowl; We place the cut cucumber on the edges of a bowl, add the ready salad and at the end decorate it with the slices of red onion that we reserved. And we already have the salad ready to take to the table, which we will serve accompanied by the rest of the vinaigrette, in case someone wants to dress it a little more according to their wishes.@pandebroa.by.monicaprego
Summary of Easy Preparation
- Boil the eggs for about 10-12 minutes and cut them as soon as they cool down. Wash and drain the chickpeas
- Cut the black olives and cherry tomatoes in half.
- Dice the cucumber and onion, leaving a few slices for decoration
- Cut the feta cheese into cubes, drain the tuna and crumble it a little
- Add the chickpeas and the previously diced vegetables to a bowl.
- At the end, add the tuna, cheese and egg, stir and store in the refrigerator
- Prepare vinaigrette with olive oil, vinegar, mustard, 1 pinch of salt and mix everything.
- Add half the dressing to the salad, toss and refrigerate to set the flavors
- We serve the salad decorated with slices of cucumber and onion accompanied by the rest of the vinaigrette.