Chicken Chupa is a very different soup from what we are used to. It is considered a very complete dish for all the ingredients it hasHe doesn’t need any friends. On this occasion, let’s prepare a Venezuelan recipe for chupe de pollo that will become a favorite appetizer for all our meals. It stands out for the content of cream and cheese on top, which give it a special touch. In addition, its nutritional contribution is very high, so we should consider including it in our weekly diet.
Chicken is considered one of the most nutritious foods that exist. It has a high protein content of high biological value with all essential amino acids. It is a source of minerals such as iron that increases the production of red blood cells and calcium, important for bones. It also provides zinc, potassium, sodium and magnesium.
How to prepare a Venezuelan Chicken Chupe recipe:
- Wash the potatoes and carrots and then cut them into small dice. We can leave the skin on if we want or we can peel them first.
- Cut the white cheese in the same way and set aside.
- Fill a pot with water and heat it.
- Add the chicken breasts, two peppers, ¼ of the onion, chopped cobs, crushed and powdered garlic, cilantro, chicken broth and salt. We also include potatoes and carrots.
- While they are cooking, heat a pan with oil.
- Cut the remaining onion into julienne strips and the other two peppers in small pieces.
- Fry them together with sprigs of chives or parsley, but without frying.
- Once the breasts are cooked, remove them from the liquid and chop them.
- Then we include all the sofrito and the chicken breast in the soup pot.
- Let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- We will know it is ready when the potatoes are already cooked.
- We correct the final salt point.
- We serve the chicken chupa on a plate and in each one add the milk cream.
- Throw the cheese cubes on top and that’s it.
This delicious Venezuelan chicken chupe recipe is a complete delight. Not only is the taste of it, but the texture provided by the milk cream and cheese is incredible.